Text: Jonah 1:17-2:1
Sermon: Rev. Matt Kennedy (Jonah's Great Fish: Miracle or Metaphor?)
1. We’re told that Jonah is swallowed by a great
fish and lives inside it for three days. This isn’t the only example of
a “Biblical impossibility.” There are a number of other
impossibilities in the Bible as well. Name off as many as you can.
2. Why are these impossibilities (or miracles) unacceptable or
unbelievable by critics? In other words, what is essential in
understanding these miracles?
3. How should Christians talk to skeptics about miracles? Should we
have to defend them or support them - even if we believe them?
4. Why does God even use miracles? Are they even that important in the Bible? How about miracles in our personal lives?
5. What’s the difference between a miracle and a parable, myth, or legend?