Sermon: Rev. Matt Kennedy
1. [Lead-In] Disciplining children is similar to when you first decide to live like a Christian. Share your trials of when you first committed your life to Christ.
2. [Lead-In] Why will children who fail to respect their parents also refuse to respect other authority figures, adults and teachers?
3. [Heb. 12:5-11] Saying yes or always agreeing with your child can be addictive and unhealthy for the entire family over time. What might be some of the consequences of this?
4. [Eph. 6:1-2] Paul commands two rules for the children: Obey your parents and honor them. Give some examples in what obeying and honoring parents looks like or doesn't look like.
5. [Eph. 6:1-4] We love God because He loved us first... and He showed us what that love looks like. How does this love work in parenting?
6. [Eph. 6:1-4] Is it okay for parents to admit their wrongs to children?
7. [Deut. 11:18-19] How should parents work Jesus into everyday situations (including discipline)?
8. [App] How do we teach children to take the focus off themselves and onto Jesus?
9. [App] How should parents discipline their children without provoking anger?