RETURN TO REDEMPTION
A Christian Resource Blog
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Questions for Parenting: Part 1
Rev. Matt Kennedy
1. [Lead In] Discuss some of the ways you were raised or how you have raised your children.
2. [Eph 2:1-3] Paul states here that all humans are fallen by nature. What does “by nature” mean? And what evidences do we see of this truth?
3. [Eph 2:1-3] American culture in particular views children differently than Scripture. Discuss some of these views and the reasons why they might be incompatible with a Biblical worldview.
4. [Eph 2:8-10] Paul also states that we were designed to enjoy and to glorify God. What are some things that please God, which are also things you love to do?
5. [App] How does our fallen and disobedient state distort the fact that we were made to find joy in God by glorifying him?
6. [Eph 6:1-3] Why does God want children to obey their parents? What benefit is there to the child physically, mentally, and spiritually?
7. [Eph 6:1-3] Put the promise in verses two and three into layman’s terms. Also, why does this promise make sense in a practical and spiritual way?
8. [App] In light of these questions, prioritize the goals of parenting. Please share and discuss your reasoning with the group.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)