Text: Colossians 4:2-4, Luke 18:1-8, Hebrews 13:20-21
Sermon: Rev. Matt Kennedy
1. (Lead-In) What are your expectations regarding prayer toward God?
2. (Lead-In) What is the evidence of answered prayer? Is it always what we expect?
3. (Lead-In) How do feelings and emotions aide us during our prayer times? How can they also mislead us?
4. (Luke 18:1-8) God values and encourages consistency in our prayer requests. What are some prayers you have consistency prayed about? Have any of them come to partial or complete fruition?
5. (Col 4:2) What are some of the challenges people have during prayer? What prevents us from praying consistently and regularly?
6. (Heb 13:20-21) What does God equip us with in order to continue doing His good work (even when we sometimes don’t want to)?
7. (Col 4:2) Paul calls us to be watchful for threats to our faith. What are some of those threats?
8. (Col 4:2) How can individual sin turn into church-wide (or corporate) sin? How do we stop our sin from “infecting” others?
9. (Col 4:2) An attitude of thanksgiving in prayer yields many spiritual benefits. Name and discuss a few of them.