Text: Colossians 3:12 - 14
Sermon: Rev. Matt Kennedy
1. [Review] What does it mean to be God’s chosen, holy and beloved?
2. What does “clothe yourself” mean? What does the imagery imply?
3. Many of the qualities in verse 12 require us to be honest with ourselves. How does someone be honest with themselves? Or, what questions do we need ask ourselves?
4. What does compassion in community look like?
5. Although compassion is a feeling, it is more so an action. What does this mean in how we practice compassion?
6. In what situations is kindness necessary? Can you speak in truth and in kindness simultaneously? What does this look like?
7. How do we measure our own and other’s humility?
8. What does a congregation with humility look like? What do they do? How do they do it?
9. How does gentleness (or meekness) differ from a lack of confidence?
10. How is meekness used by God to bring His kingdom?
11. How can our patience grow? Consider what is written in verse 13.