1. What does it mean to be “dead in our sin” or “dead in our trespasses?” (v. 13)
2. Last week, we discussed some aspects of baptism. Primarily, baptism is the NT sign of being in covenant with God. What characteristics define Christians? Or in other words, what are our identifying marks?
3. Why does God want us baptized? Do you think it is necessary? Why or why not?
4. We do not become “good” when we start attending church – we are still sinners – but we do being to spiritually mature. If you feel comfortable, share something that you had to or wanted to give up for God.
5. Some people view Christianity/church as changing your behavior or a moral code. Although this does happen, it is not the Gospel. Why is this a good thing for Christians?
6. What is Christ disarming the powers and authorities from doing? (v.13)
7. Describe how the fullness of Christ in us ends boasting and pride.
8. Describe how the fullness of Christ in us ends the feeling of expectations and disappointments in ourselves and others.