Monday, April 05, 2010

Lenten Reflections

Haven’t written anything in quite a number of weeks, so I thought I’d break the silence. A majority of this quiet time has been spent trying to reorganize and reprioritize my life with God. This Lent season, by far, has been the most productive and reflective for me than any of the others that I have observed.

God showed me a lot of pride issues that I have neglected to take care of, and in March, I paid dearly for them. I spent a lot of time after that day, writing out my thoughts privately, and I do have the intention of putting some of the material on here one day when I feel like I have fully healed up from that incident. But right now is just not that time.

The above issue has also resulted in a change of personality for me to. I’m a little (emphasis on little) slower to think about what I say before I say it – I’m also trying to consider other people’s points of views before my own. I’ve been reading my “comfort” Gospel – John – and realizing that a Christ-Follower’s walk as a lot to do with how often they are dependent on God for the day-to-day life and not themselves. This couldn’t come at a better time for me as I am unemployed and looking for work. Although the situation is bleak, I have begun to cultivate a little bit of God’s peace in me. I’m not worrying – this is huge.

I would love to hear how everyone else’s Lent and/or Easter season as gone as well. Do you feel renewed by Christ’s resurrection? Do you still need more time? What direction are we going in?

I’ll try, as always, to be more consistent in writing, but I can’t promise anything.

1 comment:

Butterfrog said...

This year for lent....well I have never done anything for lent, but for lent I decided to give up chocolate...i actually decided this before lent and then said that I was giving it up for lent, but really i was just giving up chocolate. It was hard.... i knw laugh laugh, but chocolate ( its ok i think its a little funny too ) was running my life. As an art student i found my self always going down to the vending machine to grab my self a Kit-Kat or something. It was slowly eating away at my monies and padding my well...it was starting to become addicting. I had help, my good friend Jeff was right there to say no...and soon I did not need him to say no, because i could resist on my own..... i found this lent to be kind of comical compared to all the other things i could be addicted too..

see you on facebook

later

Nadine