Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jeremiah's Prayer

I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Correct me, LORD, but only with justice - not in your anger - lest you reduce me to nothing.

I don't know what this prayer means to anyone reading this.  But for me, this is the Living Word that revives my soul.  It's been so long that I have been toiling to gain employment.  My entire being, it seems, is craving to be employed so that this curse (it seems) may be lifted from me.  However, I now find myself seeking the approval of men and determining my worth from it.  The harder I work - the more frustrated I become. But Jeremiah 10:22-23 tells me that where I end up is not by my own power, but is really impact and result of the Lord's will.  It's my responsibility to apply anywhere that I can, but after that I must release the temptation to think that it was my power that will get me employed.  I have tried using my power and it has yielded nothing.  Instead, I will live out Jeremiah's prayer by allowing Lord to direct my steps, and eventually into employment.

1 comment:

Butterfrog said...

thats right. Your path is not your own. All you can do is your best and to look to God. Getting a teaching job happens over time. You will get there, just keep subbing, and being ambitious about getting involved in students lives and in education. You could offer to tutor during the summer or school year after school. Maybe a school has a tutors list your could be on for parents to contact. Kids out there need your help with math. So keep on keeping on Joe!